New Safety Protocols
UPDATED July 20, 2020
As a healthcare team, the health and safety of our patients, staff and doctors is our top priority as we reopen to care for you and your family. As a result, we wanted to take the time to remind you of the precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of you, your family and our West TN Eye Team.
What We Ask of You:
- You must bring and wear a mask / face coving to cover your mouth and nose while inside the building.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 like loss of smell / taste, fever over 100.3, cough, difficulty breathing, had vomiting or diarrhea 24 hours before your appointment or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask you to reschedule your exam. Please do not come in with symptoms.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or limit who comes with you to one person so we can adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside or in their vehicle. Parents needing to bring siblings will need to have the other children wait in the car.
- Upon your arrival, if we cannot observe social distancing due to other patients, we ask that you wait outside and we will call you when ready for your appointment.
- Utilizing our new “Infection Prevention Guidelines” means that it will take time to sterilize and clean in between patients and will probably add to your wait time.
We are recommending that all patients have the exam with digital HD imaging instead of a standard exam as this allows our team to best respect social distancing and provides your doctor with more detailed information. The cost for this additional service has been reduced to $22.
Steps We are Taking to Ensure Your Safety
Limiting Exams Per Hour
Only 3-4 patients per hour will be allowed in order to perform a thorough cleaning after each exam.
Patient Intake Forms
Patient paperwork will be emailed and texted to patients before their appointment and should be complete prior to arrival. You can also download forms at www.wteye.com. This reduces the time you need to be in the office.
Temperature Check Upon Arrival
We will utilize a contactless thermometer to take temperatures of everyone who enters (patients and our team members) and will ask anyone with a fever over 100.3 to reschedule.
Hand Washing & Screening Upon Arrival
All patients will need to wash their hands for 20 seconds upon arrival before touching any surfaces in the office. All patients will be asked symptom screening questions.
We have secured masks for our doctors and team members to wear. You must bring and wear a mask / face covering to cover your mouth and nose while inside the building. We have installed shields to instruments that cannot respect the 6 foot social distance.
We ask all patients and team members to observe 6 feet social distancing whenever possible. We have removed walls to increase the space of our Millington welcome area. Our former “exit door” is now our entrance.
Our technicians and doctors will wash their hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer after every patient’s exam.
Frame Selection Safety
Sanitized trays will be provided for patients to place frames after trying on a frame. Our team will then disinfect all frames before any other patient touches the frame.
If you do not wish to participate in our “COVID Wellness Screening” upon arrival by having your temperature taken, washing your hands and being asked symptom screens questions, please reschedule your appointment to a later date.
We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and make changes as appropriate to ensure the safety of our patients and team.
The Doctors and Staff